Requirements for Graduation
Standards of Progression:
- Students must successfully complete all assignments, examinations, projects and other assigned coursework.
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (overall B average), and must pass each letter-graded course with a minimum of a B- (80%).
- Students must demonstrate skills required necessary for clinical practice as determined by the Program.
- A satisfactory rating from the Academic/Curriculum Committee must be obtained through meeting all academic and professional standards.
- Students must comply with the policies of Pace University and the Nutrition and Dietetics Program.
- Students must comply with Pace University’s Standards of Professional Conduct as well as the Code of Ethics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
The Program in Nutrition and Dietetics and the University Office of Student Affairs office will review all student records prior to graduation. Any outstanding financial balance must be reconciled with the University prior to graduation. Students must fulfill all Program and University requirements, including compliance with academic integrity and disciplinary policies, before being awarded a diploma and to be eligible for the Commission on Dietetic Registration’s RD examination. Specific requirements include:
- Satisfactory completion of all courses, didactic and supervised practice (including all assignments) of the Program in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Satisfactory completion of all courses in the curriculum with a minimum grade of a “B-” (80%).
- Compliance with standards of conduct and guidelines for ethical conduct and professional performance standards as listed in the student handbook.
- Complete and signed “Application for Graduation” form to the Office of Student Affairs/Degree Audit Office. This application is not for the graduation ceremony, but to have your degree officially conferred by the University. This is not to be submitted to the Program in Nutrition in Dietetics. You can call (877) 672-1830 (toll-free), (212) 346-1930 (toll), or email OSA@pace.edu for any additional questions you may have.