News & Noteworthy
“PS Heal-Well” Joint Lecture Series
The Psycho-Spiritual Health and Wellness (PS Heal-Well) lecture series, a collaboration between Pace University and St. Paul University, Philippines (SPUP), launched on October 7, 2021, with faculty, staff, and student audiences from the U.S., Thailand, Philippines, Nigeria, Indonesia, India and China joining the conversation around equipping students in health and allied medical fields and behavioral science with new knowledge, enhanced skills, positive attitudes, and spirituality in preparing them for post-pandemic integration. Read more
PhD Students Present at Digital Innovators Inaugural Program
In August 2021, Kisha Thompson and Shiyon Mathew, students in the PhD in Nursing program, represented Pace University College of Health Professions at the Digital Innovators inaugural program. This was a collaboration between Apple and the Graduate Student Nursing Society (GNSA) designed to demonstrate how nursing education can be enhanced using technology. Read more
Physician Assistant - PLV: Welcome Class of 2023!
The College of Health Professions Physician Assistant - Pleasantville program welcomed Class of 2023 to campus for an in-person orientation and welcome luncheon in September. The program chair, faculty, and staff were on hand to welcome the Class of 2023, as were representatives from administration, including the new dean of the College of Health Professions, Dr. Marcus Tye. Read more
Alumni Spotlight - Heidi Cruz Eustaquio, RN4 '21
Heidi Cruz Eustaquio, RN, Pace University Lienhard School of Nursing graduate has a deep passion for healthcare. A dedicated and hardworking young alumna from the RN4 nursing program on the Pleasantville campus, she is starting her career in Perioperative services with NYU Langone Health. Read more
- Fox News Featured Pace University CHP Professor Joanne Singleton and Spirit in a segment on the newly passed Paws Act
- Pace HRSA Nursing Workforce Diversity grant is mentioned in DIVERSE Issues in Higher Education publication
- Professor Christen Cooper speaks with Parade Magazine about calcium-rich foods
- Pace's in-person graduation ceremony spotlighting first PhD in Nursing graduates covered by News 12 Westchester
- Professor Christen Cooper speaks with Parade Magazine about the difference between vegan and vegetarian diets
- CHP alumna Launette Woolforde appointed by Northwell Health as CNO for its Manhattan Campus
- Pace CHP receives $1 million HECap grant for creation of a Healthcare Hub
- Assistant professor Ana Amaya featured on The Conversation Weekly podcast discussing why COVID-19 is a moment of reckoning for the World Health Organization (WHO)
- College of Health Professions Professor Jessica Tosto spoke with Eating Well Magazine on ways to make healthier decisions when you're exhuasted
- Professor Christen Cooper featured in Forbes article on healthy meals when you're working from home
- Associate Dean and Professor for Allied Health Dr. Beau Anderson is quoted in SELF magazine on "The Best Stress-relieving Workouts."
- Professor Christen Cooper featured in GQ article on "Gaining weight the right way."
- Professor Christen Cooper writes about food insecurity during COVID-19 in Today's Dietition
- Professor Christen Cooper quoted on "hangover" sympton of dehydration in Bustle.com.
- Assistant Professor Dr. Ana Amaya is quoted in an article on Russia's claim to have a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Professor Marie Charles is featured in Auburn University’s podcast series “Nurse Narrative."
- Kelly Mullholland on the front lines of COVID-19 offers outlook for future of sports
- Professor Mary Opfer weighs in on staying hydrated for Community Health Magazine
- CHP Nursing alumna Dr. Lori Prol featured in Rider University News
- PA Alumna Andrea Lowe'01 featured in an article, "Pandemic is a Marathon, not a Sprint" on the AAPA website
- Dr. Sophie Kaufman featured in an article on her Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course and ways to stay calm during the COVID 19 crisis
- FNP Student Benny Mathew featured in a Wall Street Journal Article "What the Nurses See..."
- PA Ross Morgan'16 Spotlighted for Work with COVID 19 Patients
- CHP donates PPE to Area Hospitals
- Professor Sonnenberg on Volunteering during COVID 19 crisis
- Profs. Cooper and Tosto on Staying Sane and Healthy during the COVID 19 crisis
- A Message from Dean Harriet R. Feldman
- Avoiding the Spread of COVID 19 through Social Distancing
- Pace and Ossining Partner to Promote Health Eating
- President Krislov and Dean Feldman on "What We Can All Learn from Nurses."
- Wash Your Hands! Professor Liz Berro on measures to avoid the Corona Virus
- Christen Cooper speaks on preventive health
- Nurse Practitioner inducted into tech center hall of fame